Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Choices...Choices...

Republican Redefined examines a PPP poll that shows Huckabee leading Obama and comes away hoping for a legitimate candidate for 2012:

"I’m on the verge of a coronary stressing over the lack of legitimate candidates emerging as we move toward 2012. If I really have to choose between Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin I may have to cut off my hand after I leave the voting booth. Voting for John McCain made me want to shoot myself, and I’d like to live to see 2013."


I couldn't agree more.

Funny thing is, I like Sarah Palin. But I like Sarah Palin the way TChristopher likes Huckabee:

"The truth is I like Mike Huckabee. I really do, but when I say that I like him I really mean I like him as… a Fox News personality – not as a political candidate let alone a Presidential candidate, but I do genuinely like him. I think he mixes his religion with his politics a bit more than I can stomach and I think he’s a bit of a character – bordering on a caricature, but he comes down on the right side of most issues."

While I'm not a Huckabee fan, that statement pretty well sums up my feelings on Palin at this point. And I don't see her as a contender for 2012.

So... where does that leave us? With whoever the Republican Party tries to pawn off on us. Palin is not a viable option. I don't think Huckabee is, either. Who's left?

I'll not vote for Mitt Romney. I simply refuse. And if the Republicans are stupid enough to nominate Gingrich (as he keeps hinting) I swear by all that is holy I will vote for Barack Obama.

Who else ya got?

2 comments:

Republican Redefined said...

Thanks for the shout out man. We have to find you some options. I don't know if I can associate myself with you if you pull that lever for King Lefty.
T

ScratcherMMBI said...

Heh. That was an empty threat on my part. I'll never vote for Obama.

But if the Repubs nominate Gingrich, I'm going to either write in my dog's name, or else stay home.